Dedicated to your privacy
We last updated this policy on: January 21, 2016
- 1. Information Collected Through The Site
- 2. How We Use the Information We Collect
- 3. Disclosures of Personal Information
- 4. Opt-Out
- 5. Security
- 6. Protecting the Privacy of Children
- 7. Third Party Sites
- 8. Changes and Notification
- 9. Contact Us
- 10. Jurisdictional Issues
- Information Collected through the Site
We gather two types of information: personally identifiable information that identifies a person as an individual ("Personal Information") and non-personally identifiable information, which includes aggregated information, demographic information, IP addresses and any other information that does not reveal a person's specific identity ("Non-Personal Information").
- Personal Information. You do not have to provide Personal Information to visit the Site. However, for certain purposes, you may need to provide certain Personal Information. If you upload your own images or graphics to the Site using our “Create Your Own” tool (“Customer Art”), your uploaded Customer Art may contain information that identifies you. Providing Personal Information is strictly voluntary. You may avoid providing Personal Information by not registering on the Site and by disconnecting from and not accessing or using the Site.
- How We Use the Information We Collect
- Disclosures of Personal Information
- Personal Information. We may use Personal Information in the following ways:
- Fulfillment of Requests. We may use Personal Information to fulfill the purpose for which the customer or visitor provided such Personal Information (e.g., to complete your registration or other transaction).
- Administrative Communications. From time to time, we may send you service announcement updates with important information about CWG. Service announcements may contain information vital to your account.
- Other Communications. We may notify you via email or through the mail about new features, products, and promotions. We may also send you information on carefully screened third parties whose products or services may be of interest to you. If you wish to unsubscribe from these mailings, please review the instructions in Section 4 ("Opt-Out") below.
- Contests and Surveys. We may occasionally request Personal Information through surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is voluntary. We use the Personal Information we collect in this way for purposes of improving user satisfaction with CWG products and services, or in some cases, to notify winners and to deliver prizes. We do not share this Personal Information with third parties for such third parties' direct marketing purposes or for any other purposes, except as specifically described in this policy.
- Testimonials. We use testimonials to show the benefits of our services and products and to exemplify our customers’ positive experiences. CWG never posts any testimonial in which Personal Information is included without first obtaining consent from the identified person.
- Customer Service. We may record any Personal Information we obtain through your contact with our Customer Service team or communications with us, such as chat or emails, in order to help us provide better service.
- Preservation of Customer Art for Customer Use. We intend to store Customer Art, whether or not it contains Personal Information, in customer-specific accounts in order to allow customers to access their own Customer Art from time to time. The purpose of this access is to enable customers to re-use their Customer Art in re-ordering products or ordering new products.
- Internal Business Purposes. We may also use Personal Information about you for our internal business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, and so forth.
- Non-Personal Information.
- General. Because Non-Personal Information does not personally identify you, we may use such information for any purpose. In addition, we reserve the right to share Non-Personal Information, which does not personally identify you, with third parties, for any purpose. For example, we might tell our business partners that a certain percentage of our customers live in California, while a different percentage live in New Jersey. In some instances, we may combine Non-Personal Information with Personal Information (such as combining your name with your geographic location). If we do combine any Non-Personal Information with Personal Information, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information.
- Our Potential Use of Customer Art for Marketing Purposes. We may use Customer Art for our own marketing purposes. This means Customer Art may appear in the virtual renderings of wall graphics presented on the Site or in other collateral materials we produce for purposes marketing and advertising the Site and our products and services. We will not use in this way any aspects or elements of Customer Art that contains Personal Information. We will not sell Customer Art to any third party. We will not allow any visitor to the Site to download Customer Art, except that customers may download Customer Art stored in their own accounts.
- Third Party Service Providers. CWG does not disclose any Personal Information to third party service providers without your permission.
- Forums. Through the Site, CWG may make available forums to which you are able to post information and materials. These forums may include, for example, user comments, user forums, and blogs. Any information you disclose through such services becomes public information, and may be available to others on the Site and to the public. In addition, when you choose to make a posting through the Site’s public communications features, certain Personal Information (for example, your user name will appear next to a blog post or a user comment) will be available for others to view. We urge you to exercise discretion and caution when deciding to disclose Personal Information, or any other information, through a public communication feature of the Site. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE USE OF ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION YOU DISCLOSE THROUGH ANY PUBLIC COMMUNICATION FEATURE OF THE SITE.
- Marketing and Advertising. See Paragraph 2.b.ii above.
- Law Enforcement; Emergencies; Compliance. CWG may disclose Personal Information in the following situations in our sole discretion:
- In compliance with applicable law;
- To comply with legal process;
- To respond to governmental requests, including requests from law enforcement and regulatory authorities;
- To enforce our terms and conditions;
- To protect our operations;
- To protect the rights, privacy, safety, or property of CWG, you, or others; and
- To permit us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages we may sustain.
For example, we may, to the fullest extent the law allows, disclose Personal Information to law enforcement agencies and regulatory authorities to assist them in identifying individuals who have been or may be engaged in unlawful activities.
- Opt-Out of Notification E-mails
You may unsubscribe to our notification services by sending an email to [email protected] with subject line “Unsubscribe.”
CWG endeavors to have reasonable security measures in place to help protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. Data transmission over the Internet and systems for data storage are not 100% secure; we do not guaranty security with regard to our customers’ or visitors’ data transmissions through or to the Site or customer or visitor data that we retain. Your use of this Site constitutes your acknowledgement and agreement that your transmission of information through the Site is at your own risk. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), you must immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with Section 9 ("Contact Us") below. If you choose to notify us by traditional “snail mail,” this will delay the time it takes for us to respond to the problem.
- Protecting the Privacy of Children
We do not intend our Site for use by children, i.e., people under the age of 18. We do not, through our marketing or advertising or otherwise direct the Site to children. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from, or conduct business with, children. Please do not register if you are under the age of 18.
- Third-Party Sites
- Changes and Notification
- Contact Us
Please contact us to communicate any questions or concerns. See our contact information above in the introductory paragraphs under the caption “Dedicated to Your Privacy.”
- Jurisdictional Issues
The Site is controlled and operated by us from the United States, and is not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country or territory other than that of the United States. We do not represent or warrant that the Site is appropriate or available for use in any particular jurisdiction. Those who choose to access the Site do so on their own initiative and at their own risk, and are responsible for complying with all local laws, rules and regulations. We may limit the Site’s availability, in whole or in part, to any person, geographic area, or jurisdiction we choose, at any time and in our sole discretion.